Get 15% off
your first order
use code DEVA9124
Baby Items
shop for all your baby needs: body pillows, good start formula, swaddle pod. check out baby registry
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.comBuy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Not valid for existing Diapers.com or Soap.com customers. Some resctrictions apply.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's been a while

I don't know if anyone actually reads my posts, but I write anyway. It's been a while since I have had the words, motivation and energy to write. My life is completely different now. I moved to a carribean island with my husband and son, started an entirely new, unexpected carreer, and have been confronted with situations I never thought I would face. I am standing.
 
Change is downright frightening (even good change) but, it is also essential for growth. In the last 8 months, I have lost 25lbs, I have become a college professor and I have established a real relationship with myself and God. A relationship based on honesty and reality. For those that know me well, know that I have a tendency to be a little (a lot) imaginative and disconnected from reality quite often.
 
Living in a new country, the country that birthed my parents, has been an adventure of self-discovery; I have discovered my real strenght, my real-self and courage. The physical came about as a result of my priorities taking their correct places in my life, I became first. That may sound twisted for many with children, because usually they are first. But, I have learned that that is a false sense of reality. We can't truly love anyone, if we do not kow how to love ourselves first. So, i got up, shacked it off and did something about it.
 
My marriage has been challenged. For the past 7 years of my relationship, i have consistently made it first and put aside personal dreams, goals and expectations. I thought that's what you did in a marriage. Came to realize (the hard way) that that is the last thing you do in a marriage. My husband needed encouragement and support with his career, and I did just that. However, in the process, I put myself aside and on-hold. He never asked that of me, but I felt that I had to do it. Today, I am angry at myself and for a while blammed him for it. The more I analyse it, the more I realize that I didn´t do any of it, because I am an awesome, selfless and devoted wife. I did it, because I was a chicken-shit looking for any excuse in the book to put myself on-hold. It was just too scary to get up and do something, and everyday that passed made it even scarier.
 
The first 2 months I was here, I cried a lot. I was alone (no friends or family), without a car, a job or money. I was given a dose of reality, i was not ready to take. But, I am thankful that I decided to leap and take on this adventure. I found myself. I cried out all of my fear. I leaped and I am here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment